Inside The Brain of a Homemaker

Monday, May 5, 2014

Escape Velocity

There was only one person in my yoga class this morning.  Monica.  This was only her second time coming to yoga.  I could tell she was stiff.  She even admitted that "self-care" was not one of her strong points.  My heart went out to her.  I see people come to class who are living in a world that hurts and they are looking for shelter.   They are hurt.  They don't know where to go.  Monica cried at the end of class.  This is not highly unusual.  Yoga speaks to the soul.  When it does, the person who has ignored their soul, feels it.  Emotion is released.  That's what I love about yoga.  I love that it can be healing.

The day got away with me.  My appetite got away with me.

I think I need to wake up at 5am even if I didn't sleep well like last night.  I can always take a nap.

I'm feeling really busy.  Verging on overwhelmed.

My husband is working on starting a new business.  It's going to be so cool.  The product is amazing.

We went to our church and cleaned tonight with two other families in our congregation.  The kids had fun.  It's important to look outside ourselves and help others.

I'm reading Open by Andre Agassi.  (I wouldn't recommend it since it has more swearing in it than in the halls of a  Junior High School.)  Andre had a pretty sad and unfulfilled life.  It was only when he gave and served others that he finally found a bit of peace and each time he was reminded that that was what living was about.  It's true.  There is no real meaning in life unless you're touching and enriching someone's life.  If you are just concerned with things, then you can be replaced and your mark isn't left on the world.  If you work with people then you change them.  When you change a person, you never die because you are in their heart and if you affect their heart so much that they can help another person, your impact and satisfaction become infinite.

"Our lives are made up of millions of small decisions.  So in the end, it's the small decisions that matter.  Whatever we consistently do, makes us who we are.  Physics states that an object in motion stays in motion.  This is how life is.  If we chose a path and want to be on the path, we need to make small decisions that keep us on the path.  Each decision you make (whatever direction you're going) makes the next one in that same direction easier.  The first of the path is the hardest.  Once you get past the escape velocity, things become easier.  The message is to just keep going.  Take small steps, but make sure they are forward and that you are on the path that you want to be." 



No comments: