Inside The Brain of a Homemaker

Thursday, May 8, 2014

Family Dinner Revolutionized


The Food Nanny Rescues Dinner has made a huge difference in my families life.
I have seen her cooking show, but never thought her style was for me.
All it took was checking it out from the library, trying a couple of recipies and I was convinced.
This is now my "go-to" book.
I've tried her spaghetti sauce, chicken tacos, white sauce, butter rolls, baguettes, french bread, garlic bread, beef tacos, homemade pizza, pot roast - all delicious.
I'm working on making her recipes even more healthy while maintaining my kids' affinity for the dish.
I've been reading lots of books about family dinner time.
This is a priority for me.
I want to make good food that the kids are excited about - excited to come home for.
I like cooking from scratch and knowing what's in the food.
But the best part is creating a positive atmosphere around the table - something much easier to have when everyone loves the meal.

Glenn is gone tonight so we are going to have lasagna and homemade garlic bread and greek salad.
YUM!

This cookbook is so worth it!
Making yummy meals that the kids look forward to is worth it!
Talking to your family over a meal is priceless!
There are so many statistics of the benefits of family dinner.
The Food Nanny makes it easy!
Let me know if you try out her recipes!

No comments: