Inside The Brain of a Homemaker

Wednesday, September 18, 2013

What I Ate - Still Sick, but getting better

Breakfast - French Vanilla Granola from Costco 
(It's lower in calories and fat than my normal coconut variety.  I figured since I don't have much of an appetite or taste ability, I'd take advantage of saving a few calories without really noticing.) 
                 30 calorie almond milk that I actually don't drink, but use it to wet the cereal.

Lunch - Marie Calendars Chicken Pot Pie - Single serving - I gave the top crust to my 5 year old.
             1/2 cup cottage cheese - 2% because the fat free is gross
Snack - Green Smoothie

Dinner - Homemade macaroni and cheese
              Cottage Cheese 
              Garden Tomatoes
               Broccoli

Note:  My husband's 20 year high school reunion is this weekend.  I sure wish I was a little thinner, but once again, I'm working on me from the inside out.  I'm going to look as cute as I can and present myself well.  I don't know why I care, but I guess I just want to look my best.  That is why I'm on this slow and steady journey - so that one day when I have a big event I will feel proud of all the hard work to get me looking my best.

Once again - I'm on a lifestyle journey, not a diet.
I can live the rest of my life with 3 good meals a day and a snack in the afternoon.  And I can live with sweets occasionally and really enjoying and savoring them. That is the life I want to live.  One where I enjoy food, but have a life rich of other interests and hobbies.  I want to be broader than one who just thinks about food and that is what I'm doing.  

I'm focusing on travel, clothes and serving in my church as fully as I can.  I'm focusing on making a difference with the people in my home and leaving a legacy.  I'm focusing on enjoying life and simply being me.

What are you focusing on?

No comments: